Friday, October 24, 2008

I have the nicest neighbors

Not only do my neighbors put up with all of my blog blatherings and comment and make me feel like I have something important to say (and that makes my day...:D), but look! Jenny T. brought over some bread for us since we were sick! Awww. Isn't that the nicest thing? And it is SOOO good. See? We were totally eating it and then I thought...I need a picture! So, heh, it is like 1/4 gone in the picture, but it was THAT yummy. We just jumped right in. I really do have some of the sweetest neighbors. Kim has come over at a second's notice to watch my kids MANY times. (Once, I was having preterm contractions when I was pregnant with Hannah and she was watching my kids until my mom could get here and take over and she came over while Michael and McKay were in the bath and totally unwilling to get out. THAT is Christian service, eh?) Kim also has let my kids invade her house on many many occations.

I called another neighbor today because I forgot to put Hannah's lunch in her backpack before she got on the bus. (Lunch is not the norm for Kindergarteners, but it was a walking field trip today where they looked for signs of fall and collected leaves and ate a sack lunch.) I called a neighbor I knew was driving her daughter who was in Hannah's class and asked if her daughter could run the lunch in to Hannah, since I didn't want to wake the sick Garrett or Ella. She was totally so sweet about it and came and picked up the lunch and took it to Hannah.

Another neighbor has brought over clothes her daughters grew out of for Hannah (and now Ella is wearing some of them too!) We joke that Hannah shops at "Lily's Boutique." She always looks so stylin'.

I know I have only mentioned a few of the awesome and amazing things our sweet neighbors have done to make our lives just that much sweeter, but we really are blessed to live in a wonderful area.

(And Jenny, you should go into business! Mmmm. The bread is lovely.)

11 comments:

Melanie said...

It sounds like you live in a great place. Wish I could be that neighbor again.

Kim said...

You forgot to mention all the times you've bailed me out. I seem to remember an entire DAY of babysitting recently, which we still owe you for.

That bread does look yummy.

Kathryn said...

How wonderfully wonderful! :)

But it doesn't surprise me - you totally deserve all the love. You give yours so freely!


And PS -
I think I sounded snotty on the "we're sick" post when I talked about laundry. It was supposed to sound silly/funny... but reading it again, I don't think it did. I'm sorry about that.

Rachel said...

Oh Kathryn! I totally knew you were being silly! (Come on, I KNOW you!) And even if you were just saying, "I don't want to get sick" I could understand that too!!!

You're a love. :D

Cynthia said...

That bread looks delicious! Maybe you should post the recipe.

Megan said...

What nice neighbors.

Trimble said...

Thank you very much, I'm so happy that you liked the bread. :)

Trimble said...

French Bread Recipe:
Dissolve 1 Tlb.yeast in ¼ cup warm water for 5 minutes
Dissolve 1 ½ Tbl. Sugar and ½ Tbl. Salt in 1 cup hot water.
Add: ¼ cup olive oil
Yeast mixture
4-6 cups flour until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
Oil a bowl and transfer dough to it and cover with Pammed plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled (about 1 hour) Then punch down and roll out as if you were making cinnamon rolls. Roll up, pinch end and tuck under ends. Brush with egg and cut three slits on top. Let rise again until doubled. Cook at 400° for 20 minutes. Let bread cool before cutting

Trimble said...

For my third comment on this post....would you mind terribly if I used the lovely picture you took of this bread for Kathryn's other blog?

Rachel said...

Please do! Can you upload the big pic, or would you like me to email it to you?

Trimble said...

And for my fourth and final comment on this post...I got the picture and thank you. :)