Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Get thee to Costco

Yes folks, it's the Costco Christmas dress time. I am going to be so sad when Hannah outgrows their dresses. Plus this year, I got to get BOTH my girls dresses. (Granted, Ella's are a little like floor-length gowns.) I love their dresses. The quality is super and they are a great price. Yippee!

And I admit, I got more than one. I got the traditional red AND the cute brown and pink. Dressing little girls is so so fun. Here is Hannah modelling her adorable red Costco dress. I am sure there will be pictures of the brown and pink ones sooner or later.

YAY Costco. Does anyone notice a theme here? I really DO love Costco. Don't you think I should get an advertising kickback or something? Or a free camera? Hey, Costco people! No, honestly it is a great store.

But all of the Christmas stuff out makes me feel a little panicky. I know Christmas is coming, but now I am feeling a lot of pressure to get going on it. (Hey, fam! Are we doing a gift exchange this year? ) I know I am a crazily early shopper, but if I am not done before Thanksgiving, I just get too overwhelmed. I hate shopping in crowds. I think part of that is due to having to bring a cartload of kids with me. And all of the toys out in every aisle. And the aforementioned cartful of kids being enticed by the above-mentioned toys, thus leading to "I've changed my mind. I don't want X for Christmas anymore. I want Y." Now they are always very happy once they get X, but it's easier to not even bring up that there IS a Y. (Wow, was that clear as mud or what?)

9 comments:

Spamdrew said...

Your daughter is beautiful!

Alison said...

We love costco dresses too! We went with the blue and black this year.
Cute pic of Hannah!
I'm all for a gift exchange.

cathy said...

Wishing we had a Costco to go to. The closest one discount store we have is Sam's - an hour and a half away - and Sam's just doesn't compare to Costco! Whimper!

cathy said...

(Oh, and LOVE the picture!)

Cynthia said...

Cute dresses!
I had a mini panic this past week too about how soon Christmas is and all the presents I still need to get. I am just relieved this Christmas doesn't involve any traveling (much as I loved to see family this year, Christmas traveling is yucky!)

Kim said...

I love Costco dresses too. Do you think Jonathan would mind wearing a dress this Christmas? I loved watching Ella try to crawl in her dress on Sunday. I think the back row was paying more attention to her than the lesson. The funny thing was, she didn't get upset and cry about it, she just kept trying.

Rachel said...

That's Ella. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

Kathryn said...

Yes, it is very sad when your girls outgrow the Costco sizes. :(

But I suppose I can just live through YOU!! :)

Darling photo of Miss Hannah!!

Megan said...

I agree it is so much fun to dress girls. I love costco also and sometimes spend way too much. I want to see pictures of the girls in their dresses together when the time comes.