Saturday, October 11, 2008

Easy, tasty Sunday dinner

Now that it is cold, I am thinking more about warm meals for dinner. (In the summer, we're all about the BBQ and salads, etc.) But I really hate having to spend forever cooking and making a big mess. This is one of my favorite Sunday dinners.

To-Die-For Pot Roast

1 pot roast
1 packet of Ranch dressing
1 packet of Italian dressing
1 packet of brown gravy
1.5 cups of water.

Put them all in the crock pot in the order listed. Cook for 6-8 hours.

I serve it with potatoes or rice, broccoli and a fruit.

It is SO tasty, but SO easy. It really ought to be illegal, ya know?

6 comments:

Trimble said...

I will totally be trying this once I get all the ingredients at the store! Sounds super yummy.

Kim said...

You could have posted this before I went grocery shopping. :) I guess I'll have to try it next week.

cathy said...

Hmmmm....is it really good? Those ingredients, well, they're odd. But odd enough to actually work. I might have to give this one a try!

Rachel said...

It is way good Cathy. It makes the meat really tender and it makes a very nicely spiced gravy. Everyone in my family--except Michael--will eat it. But Michael is so impossibly picky, we don't count it against the meal. ;)

Kathryn said...

You should be posting on my other blog "Dinner Time Ideas" (link on my blog cuz I don't know how to make a link here)

Or I'll just steal it & put it there!

We made pot roast Saturday night & absolutely revelled in the yummy smells, the warmth from the oven, and the full-tummy yumminess of it all.

I LOVE FALL!!

Helen said...

Yum, that sounds delicious! I make something really similar on freezer cooking day, with 6-7 lbs. of some kind of beef, fat trimmed, and 2 packets each of Ranch dressing, Italian dressing, and onion soup mix, with 3 C. water. After it cools enough, I shred it with a couple of forks and freeze it to serve later as Crockpot Beef Sandwiches, on sandwich buns. Really, really, tasty, especially with a bit of barbecue sauce. I will have to try it with the brown gravy mix sometime.